We’re hiring!September 16, 2016
We are looking for a technically minded student to help look after our renewable technologies. With this role, you will provide support to the Technical Manager, Project Manager and other partners on the Levenmouth Community Energy Project.
Green hydrogen power is becoming widely recognised as a key catalyst to driving forward transport and associated infrastructure for generations to come. One of Scotland’s leading forces behind making this a reality in Fife through its pioneering Levenmouth Community Energy Project, a collaborative initiative which is being led by Bright Green Hydrogen and supported by a number of partners including Fife Council and Toshiba.
Based at the Hydrogen Office in Methil, the new industry development involves the facility being developed into the world’s foremost demonstrator of innovative applications of hydrogen derived from renewable sources.
|Date Posted||15th September 2016|
|Placement Length||12 weeks|
|Wage||£8.25 per hour|
|Deadline||29th of September 2016|
|Interviews||6th of October 2016|
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Technical Manager, Project Manager and other partners on the Levenmouth Community Energy Project.
Working with the Quality Manager, the candidate will be required to deliver the following key tasks:
- Assist in System Integration
- Work closely with Electrical and system design teams to ensure specifications are precise.
- Liaise with the relevant external companies, e.g. Equipment supplies, designers as requested by the Technical Manager or members of the Project Team.
- Provide assistance in the design feedback to the project partners.
- Manage the maintenance of the wind turbine and electrical system.
- Disseminate technical information pertaining to the project to all partners concerned.
- Assist in Project Training and Project Demonstration
- Provide support to the Technical Manager as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Technical Manager or Project Manager.
- All candidates must have a background in Electrical Engineering (degree preferable) and have an in depth understanding of Renewable Energy.
- You will be required to communicate with various groups of people, both inside and outside the organisation. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are, therefore, essential to the role.
- Good time management and organisation skills are essential.
- You must have good IT skills and demonstrate high levels of initiative.
- The location of the post will be in Methil, Fife. Candidates must be able to commute there daily.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- There is the opportunity for this role to be extended for the right candidate.
Please apply through the Bright Green Placements Website